Articles on this Page
- 12/07/12--10:38: _Gifts for Everyone:...
- 12/07/12--13:48: _Seasoned Greetings:...
- 12/07/12--14:05: _Don the Best Apparel
- 12/07/12--14:34: _Perhaps you’ve spot...
- 12/11/12--09:30: _Shop by the Fire: ...
- 12/11/12--10:29: _Personal Shopper of...
- 02/04/13--10:31: _Valentine’s Day Giv...
- 03/18/13--20:08: _Easter Bunnies Don’...
- 06/14/13--06:01: _The elusive perfect...
- 06/15/13--06:57: _Father’s Day: No Cr...
- 09/13/13--06:50: _Yom Kippur Smoothie...
- 10/25/13--08:08: _Not Just a Cookie C...
- 11/01/13--05:22: _Halloween: The Afte...
- 11/05/13--09:03: _Unwrap the Layers o...
- 11/07/13--13:37: _Jewelry à La Mode: ...
- 11/08/13--05:24: _Christmas Festival ...
- 11/11/13--16:55: _Over the Gelatin Ri...
- 11/12/13--10:03: _Brussel Sprouts at ...
- 11/21/13--05:50: _From Royals to Oil:...
- 11/21/13--13:35: _Boston Ballet’s Nut...
- 12/07/12--10:38: Gifts for Everyone: Your village, your community
- 12/07/12--13:48: Seasoned Greetings: All in good taste!
- 12/07/12--14:05: Don the Best Apparel
- 12/07/12--14:34: Perhaps you’ve spotted Santa
- 12/11/12--09:30: Shop by the Fire: Digital Boutique Browsing
- 12/11/12--10:29: Personal Shopper of Sorts
- 02/04/13--10:31: Valentine’s Day Giveaway: From the Heart of the Kitchen
- 03/18/13--20:08: Easter Bunnies Don’t Lay Eggs: Mystic Aquarium Animals Do
- 06/14/13--06:01: The elusive perfect Father’s Day Gift
- 06/15/13--06:57: Father’s Day: No Crumbs in the Bed
- 09/13/13--06:50: Yom Kippur Smoothie: A treat to sip all day
- 11/01/13--05:22: Halloween: The Aftermath
- 11/05/13--09:03: Unwrap the Layers of Monsters University this Holiday
- 11/07/13--13:37: Jewelry à La Mode: Gemvara Pop Up
- 11/08/13--05:24: Christmas Festival Opens Today: Off to Judge a Gingerbread Contest
- 11/12/13--10:03: Brussel Sprouts at the Center of the Plate: Thanksgivukkah Breakfast
- 11/21/13--05:50: From Royals to Oil: I’m ready for Thanksgivukkah
- 11/21/13--13:35: Boston Ballet’s Nutcracker: Dewdrops, nutcrackers and 4,000 crystals
There are loads of people we see every day without whom we just couldn’t function. Teachers, neighbors, coffee shop servers, mail carriers, dry cleaners, and dog walkers just to name a few. You know those people that if they’re not … Continue reading
leahkleinPolar BearGift Card60675_10151543146623636_1410300232_nhair clipGift Card PursesCityscapeCookie PlateTins for mixesclean slate eraserscarves grey mistcollars 2napkinsSwan Boat OrnamentMystery BoxFormaggio KitchenChristmas TeaBagCremant Rosesweet stuffersHot Stocking StuffersBeermajestic yogaCoastersSt. Nick
Whether you bring it to a friend or you buy it for your own Holiday Open House, here are some nice little things to grace your table and/or side table.
leahkleinCremant Rosesweet stuffersHot Stocking StuffersBeerIMG_0485IMG_0487IMG_0488IMG_0489IMG_0490Pretty in PinkMustardhoneySalt Cellar Collagesalt and pepPanettoneNutscoffee grinder
If you know your friend’s style then by all means give them that perfect pair…of earrings, boots, gloves, or more. And don’t forget the four legged friends.
leahkleinBootsbaublesnecklacescarves grey mistorange accessorieshair clipDog sweaterCollar60675_10151543146623636_1410300232_n
He definitely lives in the neighborhood and it is clear why. We have so many great gifts within a couple block radius.
leahkleinOWLDancing cat and mousedollsJacques Bearsteausnack in styleStuffed Polar Bearbike loversweet stuffersErector SetsRacetiny heiniesGeltPuzzlesRobot ClockPencil holder whalebeautiful boxes
If given the choice, and let’s face it it is almost always a choice, I will drive several towns away to avoid the crowds at the mall. The lights, the smells, the cranky people are an affront to my general … Continue reading
leahkleinonline shopping xmas collage
I like to know what’s going on around town and who’s doing what. I’m a neighborhood busy body, but I don’t care or notice who bought a new car, who painted their house, who just got back from a ski … Continue reading
Instead of worrying about which are his favorite flowers, or which chocolates her ex used to get her, if you make something in your own kitchen from the heart you can’t go wrong. Don’t be mistaken, I love flowers and … Continue reading
leahkleinFelix Doolittle Does Valentine's Day Like No OtherLove all bottled up. Personalized illustrated chef's medallions for gifts from the kitchen. Felix Doolittle
Every year at this time, as spring approaches, I am faced with two big questions: What exactly is the connection between bunnies and eggs? What on earth are we going to do for Spring Break? I love staying local for … Continue reading
Part of what make’s finding the perfect Father’s Day gift so hard is that more often than not, it isn’t a particular thing that dad wants or needs. More often than not what dad needs is more time, more sleep, … Continue reading
It turns out that dad is not that into breakfast in bed. In fact I’m our family, the idea totally repulses him. My children’s father is fully dressed before he leaves the bedroom and a bit fastidious about his morning … Continue reading
As you may know, I’ve been on a bit of a green smoothie kick. I think with back to school, back to work, and back to life as we knew it in general smoothies just work. There is a lot … Continue reading
If you are on Pinterest you know that this month there is everything from Halloween Bento boxes being sent to school with kiddos, fun Halloween cocktails for grown ups to enjoy while others indulge in their favorite childhood candies. Every … Continue reading
leahkleinFood Network Kitchens Ghostinis With Bloody Murder Sundried Tomato Tapenade Photo courtesy of FoodNetwork.com
So here we are. On the other side of a night where we dress our children inappropriately in some way or another (too cold, as a scary being, as a branded superhero, as a career choice, a fantasy, too hot, … Continue reading
Perhaps Halloween is the holiday of choice at Monsters University but we have Thanksgiving, Thanksgivukkah, Chanukah, and Christmas fast approaching. Monsters University just released their Blue-ray DVD sets and they make the perfect gift for all the monsters in your … Continue reading
leahkleinPhoto courtesy of PixarMonsters University Producer, Kori Rae poses for her portrait at Pixar Animation Studios on February 6, 2013 in Emeryville, CA. (Photo by Jessica Brandi Lifland/Pixar)
These days you can find or make just about anything if you try hard enough. Between DIY instructions pinned on a Pinterest, Etsy, online shopping on big sites like Amazon and then of course all the craft fairs as well … Continue reading
Today the 27th annual Christmas Festival opens at the Seaport World Trade Center. The children have been so excited to be official judges this year with several others. For months they have been trying to imagine what the chefs will … Continue reading
We love ginger, we love bread, we love gingerbread and we love getting our “craft on”. Even before kids, my husband and I (actually mostly my husband – I’m a bit terrified of pastry) went all out and made a … Continue reading
leahkleinbest decorated labelbest decorated 2013hansel and gretel gingerbreadHansel & Gretel house. This was my choice for best in show. I loved all the details. They also made a delicious classic gingerbread that had a slight caramelized taste.This was a gorgeous stone church. I didn't realise until someone told me that each of the stones are gingerbread. All these amazing gingerbread structures made it very difficult to choose winners.Many of the houses had lights flickering inside. Details were found inside each window.Davio's got creative this year with a huge sandcastle, Little Mermaid characters, holiday wreaths, and a little nod to the Red Sox. The children campaigned hard to get me to choose this as most creative. I was deciding between two. Davio's won the title of "Most Creative".This was a Candyland game board. Henry loved the colourful columns on this part of the board game village.Kids' Choice Award. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs made by Cakes for Occasions20131111-194700.jpg20131111-194736.jpg20131111-194752.jpg20131111-194811.jpg20131111-194833.jpg20131111-194850.jpg20131111-194906.jpg20131111-194919.jpg20131111-194941.jpg20131111-195006.jpg20131111-195034.jpg20131111-195100.jpg20131111-195127.jpg20131111-195148.jpg20131111-195221.jpg20131111-195331.jpg
Sometimes the brussel sprouts get lost at the Thanksgiving table. Green Beans and Bourbon glazed carrots are the diva vegetables of our feast. So I decided that they need a stage of their own. Breakfast of course! Julienned brussel sprouts … Continue reading
I started off totally dismissing Thanksgivukkah but then when I learned that it’s not going to happen for a very long time I thought I might pay a little attention to it. I don’t like messing with the traditional Thanksgiving … Continue reading
As I sit outside class, rack after rack of beautiful hand-stitched costumes roll by. They will soon be coming to life on stage in dress rehearsals making the renderings of the newest production of the Nutcracker come to life. The … Continue reading
leahklein20131121-162918.jpgIllustrations by Robert Perdziola courtesy of Boston BalletIllustrations by Robert Perdziola courtesy of Boston BalletIllustrations by Robert Perdziola courtesy of Boston BalletIllustrations by Robert Perdziola courtesy of Boston BalletIllustrations by Robert Perdziola courtesy of Boston Ballet